This has been one tough semester but I am really grateful for all that I learned and have used. My last Mentor teacher relied on me a lot to do things on the computer that she was not familiar with. I am grateful that I was able to use the computer with confidence. I did realize that I will need constant technology education. In the future there will be even more available on the web for teachers. I see teachers using the same old stuff year after year because they have NO idea what new information is available on the internet.
One of my goals in my teaching career is to be really communicative with parents. A class blog is a great way for parents to see what their children are learning. It is also a great place to post links to the state core, so they can see WHY I am teaching what I am teaching. During My practicum I helped my mentor teacher create a survey, and I told her about the benefits of Google and making a survey using google docs.
All in all I really learned a lot about the benefits of technology in the classroom, and how necessary it is to continue learning in order to have an effective classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment